Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Information Letter to Residents of Clonsilla

To: Residents of Clonsilla

26 Jan 09

Dear Friends,

A brief note on some local issues.

· Traffic Matters: I have been pressing the Council’s Director of Transportation to put on public display proposals to change the one-way section of the Clonsilla Road to a two-way system. I believe that, given the opportunity, local residents will want this section opened up to motor traffic. The present situation means that motorists wishing to access Blanchardstown Village from the Clonsilla area end up in jams at the Ongar Road or at the roundabout near Coolmine Community School. I’ll keep you informed of developments.
· Trees along Clonsilla Road: A number of residents contacted me to express concern about some work being done on trees in the Village area and I have kept regularly in touch with our Parks Department on the issue. Whatever work needed to be done appears to have been done sensitively. Some good thinning out has also been done on the treed area near the entrance to Porters Gate.
· Planning matters: I recently called a public meeting (in the Clonsilla Inn) in relation to a planning application to develop shops and apartments on the site near Mount Symon, to the west of the link road between Clonsilla Road and Ongar Road. The overwhelming majority of residents were opposed to the proposal because of the height (up to 5 storeys) and the density of the proposal.

I am supporting local residents on this issue and a copy of my objection in included overleaf.

If you wish to contact me on these or any other issues, please feel free to contact me on 087-2207798 or email michael.odonovan@fingalcoco.ie

Yours sincerely


____________________________
Cllr Michael O’Donovan (Labour)
Local Councillor – Clonsilla area


As a member of the Blanchardstown Local DrugsTask Force, can I remind you of the Confidential “Dial to Stop Drug Dealing” phone number:-
1800 - 220220

No comments: